Jan 05 2010
Since May 2005 the GWR Preservation Group occupies the original Lifting Shop and ancillary buildings at Southall where it focuses on restoring and maintaining its locomotives and rolling stock. See our locomotive hire page for more information.
- G.W.R. 5101 Class 2-6-2T Prairie No. 4110 *
- G.W.R. 5700 Class 0-6-0PT No.9682
- Peckett 0-4-0ST No. 2100 “William Murdoch” **
- RSH 0-4-0ST No. 7386 “Birkenhead”
- A.E.C. 4wDM Diesel Shunter
- Ruston Hornsby Class 165 DS 0-4-0DM No. AD251 “Francis Bailey of Thatcham”
- Baguley Drewry Railcar 4wDMR No. AD9117
* Currently under restoration
** Custodians for Portsmouth City Council
Plus an extensive collection of historical railway memorabilia.
G.W.R. 2884 Class 2-8-0 No. 2885 was sold to a private buyer in 2013. Further details will be available at a later date.