Jan 05 2010
The GWR Preservation Group occupies sidings at Southall where it focuses on restoring and maintaining its locomotives and rolling stock. See our locomotive hire page for more information.
- G.W.R. 5101 Class 2-6-2T Prairie No. 4110 *
- G.W.R. 5700 Class 0-6-0PT No.9682 ***
- Peckett 0-4-0ST No. 2100 “William Murdoch” **
- RSH 0-4-0ST No. 7386 “Birkenhead”
- A.E.C. 4wDM Diesel Shunter
- Ruston Hornsby Class 165 DS 0-4-0DM No. AD251 “Francis Baily of Thatcham”
- Baguley Drewry Railcar 4wDMR No. AD9117
** Custodians for Portsmouth City Council Museum, Agreement has been sought to add vacuum brakes to enable it to be used on other heritage rail tracks. Currently undergoing boiler restoration work for hire to the Helston Railway Group in Cornwall.
*** Currently undergoing its ten year boiler check and restoration work.
Plus an extensive collection of historical railway memorabilia.
G.W.R. 2884 Class 2-8-0 No. 2885 was sold to a private buyer in 2013.
* G.W.R. 5101 Class 2.6.2T No. 4110 was sold to the West Somerset Railway, Minehead during 2015, where it will be restored to full working order for use on their own operational line.