Jan 05 2010
The G.W.R. Preservation Group is run entirely by volunteers. A limited company with a share capital of £100,000 divided into ordinary shares, it channels all surplus funds into preservation.
Two forms of membership are available:
- Full member – with shares in the company (minimum £25) with voting rights equal to the number of shares held.
- Associate member – without shares or voting rights.
Members are encouraged to play an active role in the Group’s activities.
Specifically we seek:
- operational skills to maintain, inspect and operate locomotives and rolling stock
- engineering or practical skills for our ongoing restoration programme
- support for the sales, publicity and exhibition section which visits many railway events around London and the South-East
- fund-raising assistance to boost the money available for restoration and maintenance
- campaigners to help establish a permanent home in West London
Members can also support the Group through fund-raising schemes including:
- Share ownership
- G.W.R. Preservation Group Development Bonds
- 200 Club – with monthly prizes
Whether you choose to play an active part in the Group’s activities or simply wish to be part of a thriving railway preservation group, we are grateful for your support.
For membership details:
- call 01225 706688
- or download our Adobe Acrobat (PDF) Application Form